Institutional Memory Section
United Nations Archives Reading Room
Palais des Nations - B.340
Building B - 3rd Floor - Door B.20
United Nations Office at Geneva
8-14 avenue de la Paix
1211 CH - 1211 Geneva 10
Reminder for external researchers
- Your visit should be prepared in advance
- You must fill in an Access Request Form
in order to get a user badge and access the reading rooms
- You must have a valid identification (passport, identity card or driving license). Students and researchers should provide a valid student card or a letter of recommendation from their university or research institute.
Getting to the Palais des Nations
Enter the Palais des Nations through the visitors’ entrance at Pregny Gate, on Avenue de la Paix, in front of the International Committee of the Red Cross building, where security formalities will take place.
Access from Cornavin railway station:
- Bus lines : 8, F, V, Z (“Appia” stop)
- Tramway 15 (“Nations” stop), then a 5 minute walk to Pregny Gate
Access from Cointrin Airport:
- Bus lines: 28 (“Appia” stop) or 5 (“Nations” stop) then a 5 minute walk to Pregny Gate.
Bus numbers 11 and 22 also stop at “Nations”.
Visitors cars are not allowed in the United Nations car parks.
Locating the Archives Reading Room
The Archives Reading Room (B.340) is located on the third floor of the Library B building. Researchers should contact the Archives and announce their visit in advance.
Monday - Friday
8.30 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
The Archives Reading Room is closed on weekends and during UNOG official holidays. It is also closed for the annual inventory during the last week of December and the first two weeks of January.