13 May 2013
The 2013 UNOSDP Youth Leadership Programme, which is organized by the United Nations Office on Sport for Development and Peace (UNOSDP), will be held from 15 to 23 May at the National Sports Centre in Macolin, Switzerland, under the auspices of the Special Adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General on Sport for Development and Peace, Wilfried Lemke.
The 2013 UNOSDP Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) is a 11-day gathering of 31 participants (from French speaking countries in Africa) aimed at empowering them with practical leadership training and best practice examples from leading Sport for Development and Peace (SDP) experts. These 14 young women and 17 young men, aged 18-25, are currently working at a variety of grassroots SDP projects in their respective impoverished communities.
15-25 May, 2013 (detailed schedule available upon request)
Held under the auspices of: the Special Adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General on Sport for Development and Peace, Mr. Wilfried Lemke.
Organized by: the UN Office on Sport for Development and Peace (UNOSDP), in collaboration with the NGO Right To Play and the Swiss Sport Federation (FOSPO).
Other knowledge partners include: the AGITOS Foundation, the International Paralympic Committee, FC Basel & SCORT Foundation, 361 Clothing, FIVB Hereos, InspiraSport, International Judo Federation, International Table Tennis Federation, Play & Train, Swimsport.ch and Peace Players International.
National Sports Centre, Macolin, Switzerland
Mr. Ben Taylor
United Nations Office on Sport for Development and Peace (UNOSDP)
E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +41 (0) 22 91 74712
• On-site visits can be arranged upon request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
• One-on-one interviews with Wilfried Lemke, UN Special Adviser on Sport for Development and Peace, can also be arranged upon request via email@example.com. Mr. Lemke will be available on-site for inteviews on 15th and 16th May.
• Press conference will be held on the 16th May at 09.30.
• All requests will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis.
• More information about the program is available at www.un.org/sport as well as upon request.
Villa La Pelouse I Palais des Nations I 1211 Geneva/Switzerland I Tel +41 22 917 27 14 I Fax +41 22 917 07 12
Media.UNOSDP@unog.ch I www.un.org/sport
For use of the information media; not an official record