News & Media
Recent Press Releases & Meeting Summaries
Today's Press Conferences
WHO Press Conference
27 February 2015 11:30 - 12:15
International Ear Care Day is on 3 March and the World Health Organization will be highlighting, and quantifying for the first time, the risks posed – in particular to young people – to hearing by exposure to high levels of sound from personal music devices, concerts, nightclubs, sporting events and other recreational activities and drawing attention to ways to make listening safe.
Dr Etienne Krug, WHO, Director, Management of Noncommunicable Diseases, Disability, Violence and Injury Prevention
Dr Shelly Chadha, WHO, Technical Officer, Prevention of Deafness and Hearing Loss
Upcoming Press Conferences
OHCHR Press Conference
2 March 2015 08:15 - 08:45
Launch of the new OHCHR report on the human rights situation in Ukraine.
· Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights Ivan Simonovic
· Deputy Head of the UN Human Rights Mission in Ukraine Fiona Frazer
ILO Press Conference
4 March 2015 10:00 - 10:45
International Women's Day
- Launch of "Motherhood Pay Gap" Report
- Beijing plus 20: what has been achieved so far?
The report and related material are under embargo until Thursday, 5 March, 23.00 GMT
- Shauna Olney, Chief, Gender, Equality and Diversity Branch, ILO
- Kristen Sobeck, ILO Economist, Wage Officer