Annual Report 2011
Meeting Current Challenges together
Did you know?
- 1,550 staff, representing 118 nationalities were working at UNOG
- 9,528 staff were working for the United Nations system in Geneva
- 59 United Nations offices, departments, and other entities received administrative and other support services from UNOG
- The Palais des Nations welcomed 97,192 visitors
- 184 permanent missions, permanent observer missions and permanent observer offices were accredited to UNOG
- UNOG held or serviced 9,962 meetings and translated 232,533 pages
- 248 press conferences were held, 1,584 press releases/meeting summaries were issued and 230 journalists were accredited to UNOG
- The UNOG website was visited 1,156,466 times
- 99 cultural events were organized, promoting the heritage and culture of more than 110 Member States and conveying key messages about the work of the United Nations around the world
- 369,610 library and archive information resources were consulted, either in person at the UNOG Library or by users online
- 660 courses and training workshops were attended by 9,330 participants
This year, in line with our sustainability strategy, the report has been distributed primarily through electronic means. For those copies printed, we have reduced the number by 44% as compared to 2010 and have used 100% recycled paper and vegetable-based inks in the production process.