Business Seminar, "How to do business with the United Nations in the context of the Strategic Heritage Plan Construction and Renovation Project"
23 February 2016 - 9:00 to 12:00
Click here for more information.
The Strategic Heritage Plan (SHP) and the Procurement Unit are hosting a Business Seminar on 23 February 2016 on "How to do business with the United Nations in the context of the Strategic Heritage Plan Construction and Renovation Project".
The seminar will provide information on the specific business opportunities available for construction companies within the SHP construction and renovation project, the United Nations procurement process, vendor registration procedures and how to find business opportunities with the UN in general. It will be given in English only and will be followed by a brief site tour. Registration for the seminar and queries may be sent by e-mail to:
Procurement at UNOG is carried out by the Purchase and Transportation Section (PTS), Central Support Services, Division of Administration.
PTS provides purchasing, contracting, business travel and transportation services to the following United Nations offices:
In addition PTS acts as the secretariat of the Common Procurement Activities Group (CPAG) for UNOG and specialized agencies of the United Nations system in Geneva.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC)
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) - Regional Office for Europe
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) (business travel and transportation only)
- United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund Secretariat (UNJSPF)
- United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDR)
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
- Chief Executive Board for Coordination (CEB) Secretariat
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (ODA)
- Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA)
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction Secretariat (UNISDR)
The Common Procurement activities Group (CPAG) is leading efforts towards the Simplification and harmonization of procurement practices within the Geneva-based international organizations, with the objective of increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the United Nations procurement activities. The aim of the Group is to build more effective, coherent and better-performing business practices and to lower cost of commonly required goods and services for all its members due to volume purchase agreements.