Annual Report 2011
Celebrating our Common Past,
Working for our Common Future
Did you know?
- 1.579 staff, representing 115 nationalities were working at UNOG
- 9,528 staff were working for the United Nations system in Geneva
- More than 60 United Nations offices, departments, and other entities received administrative and other support services from UNOG
- The Palais des Nations welcomed 100,073 visitors
- 188 permanent missions, permanent observer missions and permanent observer offices were accredited to UNOG
- UNOG held or serviced 10,220 meetings and translated 176,456 pages
- 201 press conferences were held, 1,447 press releases/meeting summaries were issued
- The UNOG website was visited 1,313,348 times
- 102 cultural events were organized, in partnership with 45 Member States and 12 international organizations, promoting national culture and heritage, and conveying key messages about the work of the United Nations around the world
- 313,393 library and archive information resources were consulted, either in person at the UNOG Library or by users online
- 807 courses and training workshops were attended by 10,339 participants
This year, in line with our sustainability strategy, the report has been distributed through electronic means. For those copies printed, we have reduced the number by 54% over the last two years and have used 100% recycled paper and vegetable-based inks in the production process.